Monday, October 28, 2013

Casting

For the last couple of months I've been collecting the things I need to start Pewter Casting. I found this tutorial by Anvil Artifacts that does it in a different way. I still intend to start casting in Pewter but right now I'm having fun playing with this technique using Lead Free Base Metal.

Here are a few of my very first pieces.


And I love headpins like so many of you out there do so I had to try some headpins. I took some polymer clay pieces and made molds of them and then cast them.


Included are 2 pine cone tops I recently molded and I'm making some Copper pmc pieces from them as well. But while I was looking through my molds to see what I might be able to play with these seemed an obvious choice and they turned out well.

I couldn't resist using the little round Ammonite headpins to make earrings.


I added some of my favorite little O'Sullivan beads and a tiny bit of Sari Silk.




Kristi

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful job you've done with your castings and those wonderful earrings! Love those headpins! Thank you so much for the mention. I'm delighted that you're having fun with this casting technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like lot of fun! I love your headpins....what a clever idea! Can you share a link to O Sullivan site? I tried to search for them but nothing came up. Their ceramic beads are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Alice, they don't have a website. I ask them every time I see them because I always get asked but still none. It's a shame, she could sell a ton of stuff online.

      Delete