Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wild Bird Wednesday

We were lucky enough to spend another weekend in the Reno
 and discovered another great birding area, Rancho San Rafael Park.
They've done a beautiful job, lots of different types of walking/hiking and LOTS of nature, I think it will be one of our go to spots especially since it's so close to the city.

The first time we went I was lucky enough to photograph this beautiful Juvenile Red Tailed Hawk on a fence on the border of the park.




In another area of the park I came across this Juvenile Red Shouldered Hawk,
 I get to add this one to my list!!



Only a few feet away from the Red Shouldered Hawk was this gorgeous Rufous Hummingbird.
There were lots of birds either perched or flying very close to the hawk,
 I suppose they are keeping a close eye on it's location.
The light caught it just right and very pops the color on it's back.


Another new bird for me, the Western Kingbird! I'm very lucky to get this shot, it was quite a distance away and I was perched on the side of a hill but I got an ok picture of it, enough to get an ID.


While not a bird who can resist a cute old Bull Frog.
There were 3 of them croaking away and this one was the closest and was a very cooperative subject.





Kristi

18 comments:

  1. What wonderful photographs these are, Kristi!
    The hawk is such a magnificent creature, and you have captured him beautifully.
    Love that little frog!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The juvie hawk is really beautiful! Nice job~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I feel like the hawk was staring at me through the computer monitor! Fabulous shots, Kristi. Yes, and who can resist a bullfrog?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great series of photos - especially the close ones of the hawk- and who could resist the frog and its reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful images of your fantastic wildlife ... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful series!! Love the frog. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Hawk images. Two bull Frogs for the price of one .. lovely reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome hawk shots! And I love the cute hummer and frog. Great post, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful photos each one; I especially love the raptor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kristi Fantastic set of images of the Hawk especially the close up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great close-ups of the hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the hawk, but the frog is very cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As much as I like the bird shots - that frog is great!

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW.

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice photo's, do lik ethat hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The hawk was majestic, and i loved the bullfrog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful collection of birds. I think you missed your chance with the frog prince, it is the kiss that makes the magic not the photo although it is a splendid shot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your hawk shots. They are such magnificent birds. But, my favourite is the bullfrog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very nice series of photos! Hawks are such beautiful birds. Thank you for sharing your wildlife!

    ReplyDelete